Deed from the Proprietors at Farmington to the Tunxis

The Town of Farmington freely giving to the Indians aforesaid two hundred acres of upland within the bounds of their plantation, as also three pounds in other pay, which lands aforesaid is given upon the conditions, following, namely, that this land the English do hereby engage the Indians not to make any sale thereof but keep it for the use and benefit of themselves and their posterity, and also they are hereby engaged when they plant or improve this land now given them, that they shall secure themselves by a sufficient fence, which land they have already pitched upon to the full content. and satisfaction of all the Indians who are hereafter encountered and now forthwith to be measured out unto them, a true copy of one certain part or paragraph of a written deed or agreement made between the Town of Farmington and the Indians on record, bearing date May 22, 1673, test John Hooker, Registrar.
The above-mentioned grant of two hundred acres of land given to the Indians by the Town of Farmington is now measured out to the Indians, west from the Town on the west side of the meadow, and it is in length, north and south, two hundred rods, and in breadth, east and west, one hundred and sixty rods and abuts east, part upon Joseph Root, his land, and part upon the common land, and, north and west, it doth butt upon common land.  Now measured by us, Samuel Newell, John Porter, Town measurers, March 19, 1723/24 
A true copy of the original survey, received to be recorded, per John Hooker, Registrar, March 21, 1723/24